Are you a first aid geek who loves the outdoors? Would you like to be?
Do you have an inner child who’s yearning to play, enjoys working with people, and loves traveling?
Slipstream is recruiting Wilderness First Aid Instructors…
Toys, treats and fun:
(why you want to work with Slipstream)
- Flexible, leaving you time for all your water and mountain sports needs!
- Exotic annual staff meeting locations. We keep our work style fun and exciting.
- It’s more than work; it’s a life style choice, with awesome co-workers… like me!
The hurdles you have to hop-skip-jump over:
- Exciting Slipstream Advanced Wilderness First Aid course.
- Attend Slipstream Instructor Training.
- Co-teach and be an assistant instructor until you are ready to teach on your own.
- Be an outdoor professional (Guide, Park Warden, etc.) – if retired you must have had 5 years of experience.
- Have strong leadership abilities.
- Have to be eligible to work in Canada (multiple countries an asset).
- Excellent English language skills (multiple languages an asset) or so cute no one notices you’re working on it.
- Ability to make lesson plans (cheat sheet).
- Own a reliable vehicle. Yes, your ’87 Volkswagen counts.
- Download iTunes and have an iPod (yes, we are serious).
- Must have ongoing professional development and utilize opportunities such as Wilderness Medical Society and Wilderness Risk Management conferences.
- EMR (this is preferred), Occupational First Aid Level 3 (or equivalent 80 hour work place program), Outdoor Emergency Care, NLS, Paramedic, RN, MD, etc. will be considered an asset.
How to start the fun thing…
Submit a cover letter and 2 page résumé that includes:
- First aid experience and training.
- Guiding and/or outdoor professional work (park warden, etc.) you have done. This is mandatory to apply.
- Recreational outdoor experience.
- Other jobs you do and why.
- The reason you want to work with Slipstream.
- A digital “head shot” photograph of your good looking mug, along with a 100 to 200 word biography to be used for future advertising purposes on our website.
- Copy of current certificates.
Cost for stuff you need:
Training = Free
Text books = $500
Laptop = ?
iPod = $50 – $200