First Aid Training Supplies required for the Workshop: Do I have to buy or bring my own?
The First Aid Training Supplies that are required for your Hands-on Workshop are included with your registration, with ONE exception: ONLY recertification students purchasing the Bronze Package must bring their own supplies.
If I am recertifying and I purchase the Bronze Package, what supplies do I need to bring?
Please use our First Aid Training Supplies list of contents as your guide of what to bring.
Short-Notice Registration for Virtual Workshops (less than two weeks before Virtual Workshop) – information critical to your success
We recommend registering at least two weeks prior to workshop start date to ensure timely shipping of required supplies for virtual video-conference workshops. For short-notice registrations (less than two weeks before Virtual Workshop), please be prepared to do the following:
- Print required course paperwork from Slipstream’s online campus (you will need legal size paper).
- Complete your hands-on training without a Slipstream Map (quick reference guide to Wilderness First Aid). This is not recommended for first-time Wilderness First Aid students but can be manageable for recertification students. Your Slipstream Map should arrive before your online assignments need to be complete (within two weeks after workshop end date).
- Source your own First Aid Training Supplies (https://wildernessfirstaid.ca/product/first-aid-training-supplies-required/) or use improvised techniques you’ll learn during your workshop.
Unable to complete a course
If you do not complete/pass your program in the allotted time you may attend as many training days as you require for as long as your training warranty remains in effect, at no extra fee*.
*You will be required to sign a wavier and release form and follow the pre-course preparation guide as any regular participant. Some restrictions apply, based on availability, subject to regular booking conditions.
If you require new handouts and use of classroom supplies there is a charge which must be paid before course commencement. Please see registration page for details.
How long is my Wilderness First Aid Certification good for?
How long is my CPR Level C Certification good for?
Also, 3 years.
Complimentary Wilderness First Aid training agencies:
- Wilderness Medical Consultants
- Wilderness Medical Associates
- Saint John’s Ambulance
- Canadian Red Cross
- Outward Bound
- Rocky Mountain Adventure Medicine
- Rescue Dynamics
- Any major Wilderness First Aid training provider